Monday, September 5, 2011

We really don't drink this much ...

... honestly!  A few years ago, I started keeping corks because the LCBO had a recycling program.  Then one day, I took my little bag of corks in and found out that they had stopped the program.  This got me thinking about what I could do with corks and trivets came to mind.  After making one and then making more for others who liked it (basically wine drinkers), people started giving me their corks.  And giving me their corks.

Despite making several trivets and Barney (see a previous post), I still have tons of corks.  So it being Labour Day weekend and with my annual desire to be more productive setting in, I was sort of cleaning up the craft room, looked at my previous, really small 8x10 cork board and decided something needed to be done.

I happened to have this frame waiting for a project, lots of glue sticks, lots of corks and time.  The other half nailed a nice sturdy board to the back of the frame, I glued the corks on (crookedly in some places it looks like but we'll just cover those spots up) and voila!

I'm so excited by all of the space to post things that inspire me or that I want to refer to regularly.  On the previous board, the 12 reasons to exercise was buried under 4 or 5 other things.  For this regular, but reluctant, exerciser having this visible is not a bad thing.

No comments: