Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Jersey

I just came back from a business trip to New Jersey.  The business part went well but the purpose of the post is to a) wonder why clothes are so much cheaper in the US than in Canada and b) mention two restaurants that I very much enjoyed.
a) I don't have much to comment on regarding the first item except maybe because the market is bigger, prices can be lower.  Import duties might have something to do with it too.  The difference in the dollar can no longer be used as an excuse.  Anyway, I bought a cute skirt, a long sleeve burgundy t-shirt for under jackets (moving away from the 15 black ones I own into something a little more complementary to my skin tone) and a pretty blouse all for under $100.
b) On the restaurant front, I enjoyed two really nice dinners.  The first was at Seasons 52, a great spot that serves dishes under 450 calories.   Tasty and relatively guilt free at the same time.  They also have  avery nice wine list that, of course, increases that calorie count.
The second was Bonefish, also a good spot where our grilled fish could be had with a delicious mango salsa.  The waiter told us that a similar recipe for the salsa was on their website which is where the link takes you.  This was great too because I met up with my oldest friend Heather who lives in the area and we had a great time catching up.  It's amazing how you can link up with someone you haven't seen in a couple of years but those years melt away as you start talking and it feels like it has only been a few days.

No comments: