Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fending for myself

My husband has been away for the weekend so last night I got to cook what I wanted most to eat which is always fun.  I picked a butternut squash from the garden and roasted it in olive oil and a few sprinkles of curry powder.  I tried this mix a few weeks ago and would say that it is positively addictive.  So very good.

While that was cooking, I defrosted some chickpeas I cooked up from the dried beans a while ago, stir-fried them with some garlic until they were getting a bit crispy and added about an equal amount of chopped tomatoes and some rosemary.  I cooked that mix for a few minutes and then added a glug of red wine, cooked it down for a few minutes, added about a tablespoon of whipping cream and cooked it again for a minute or two.

Dumped both of these in a bowl and both were delicious.  I wasn't sure the combination of spices actually went together but it did.  I enjoyed the combo again on a panini maker at lunch with a bit of tangy cheese.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.

No comments: