Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Produce

I am obsessed with my vegetable garden.  And it has been really productive this year, starting with so many lovely peas and onward to my current crops of green beans, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.  I've never really had the problem of too much zucchini and I wouldn't say the plants have been that productive this year either but I do have slightly more than we can just eat for dinner a few times a week.  So I dusted off the oven which hasn't been on much lately due to the heat and baked some zucchini products.

The first was a bread recipe from High Plains:  The Joy of Alberta Cuisine, a book I picked up randomly a long time ago, which has several really good recipes.  The bread is very tasty.  I substituted chocolate chips for the raisins which makes it even better.

Next were muffins from Flour, the cookbook that I'm going to work my way through because all of the recipes look amazing.  The muffins are also good.  Again, substituted chocolate chips for the raisins.  Clearly this is not the healthy option but I've been eating so many veggies from the garden, what are a few chocolate chips?

No comments: