Monday, August 29, 2011

At least I'm contemplating Christmas crafting in August - maybe I'll actually finish everything!

I've got quite the ambitious list of things I want to make for Christmas gifts:

1.  Sweater for my niece - in progress
2.  2 pairs of socks - good projects for a short work trip I have to take later in the year
3.  French press slippers - one pair in the mid-felting stage - if I can get them to look good, 4 pair to go
4.  Two little guy sweaters - one is getting there, the other still in skeins
5.  A table runner with some crazy chef fabric - which I might actually keep for myself but haven't entirely decided - haven't even considered the pattern yet
6.  Baby sweaters for various babies being born all around me.  Why do they always happen in waves?  I really need to give my friends a calendar so they can pick their date to make the knitting easier!
7.  Possibly another shawl like the one I might be keeping for myself, discussed in a previous post

When the list is written out, it doesn't sound too bad.  In fact, it looks so manageable, I'm going to have to think up some other ideas to make things more stressful!  Of course, if I decide to keep everything, that will increase the stress of coming up with replacement projects.

No comments: