Sunday, August 28, 2011

Plenty

The veggie garden has been so satisfying this year.  While the tomatoes have been smaller than usual, I think due to the lack of rain, they have been very tasty.   The zucchini, which I have never had an overabundance of in the past, despite their reputation, have come through with flying colours this year.  And I picked another lot of green beans this morning for dinner tonight.  Last weekend I made the best ratatouille I have ever tried.  It takes forever but is so very worth it.  Most of the ingredients came from the garden.  I had to buy an onion and an extra eggplant to supplement but otherwise, all home grown by me.  And it was delicious.

My latest cookbook purchase is Plenty which came to my attention just when things were ripening in the garden.  There are so many recipes in here that I want to try and the ones I have tried have been wonderful.  Last night it was a bread salad with tomatoes and cucumber.   I'm looking forward to a green bean concoction tonight that looks very tasty.

On the knitting front, I'm making progress on some of the projects I have lined up.  I do have to try felting the slippers again but I'm waiting until we have some laundry to do with them before I plunge them into the water again.  They have started felting but need to shrink a few more inches to be worn by anyone but Bigfoot himself.

No comments: