Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cake Disaster


It was a very rainy day yesterday. Lots of wind too so after the gym and groceries, I hibernated. I worked on my, not sure if I like how it's turning out, Kaffe Fassett New Orleans Star quilt with Amy Butler fabric and did some baking.

On the positive front, I got 3 squares done. I realize working on this quilt that I don't really enjoy small piecing projects. This is good information for choosing future projects.

I also made some excellent Chocolate Biscotti from Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours. There are some really good recipes in that book.

On the not so great front, I also made the Flourless Chocolate Cake from Caprial's Desserts. It was an absolute disaster. A throw in the compost pail disaster. I've looked at the internet this morning to see if there was a problem with the recipe and didn't find anything. I don't know if I missed something in the recipe. I've reviewed it a bunch of times and don't think so. It was obviously very disappointing. However, huge calorie avoidance from all of the pieces of cake I won't be eating this week.

No comments: