Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seeds

This is one of my favourite times of year. Spring is in the air, the days are getting longer and my seeds arrive for planting in my little area in the basement. I always order too many but I just can't help myself. I usually just order veggies but this year went a bit crazy and picked up some perennials and annuals too.
The last 2 years I've ordered seeds from The Cottage Gardener, an heirloom and organic seed company located in Southern Ontario. Their catalogue is fun to read because they provide stories about the seeds. I have had great success so far with these seeds. The ones I've tried have had an excellent germination rate and the veggies have been very tasty varieties.
I just finished reading The Gentle Art of Domesticity by Jane Brocket. This is a very nice book. It includes lovely photos that inspire me to get creating, cooking and appreciating the world around me.

No comments: