Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two very different quilts


I recently got 2 very different quilts back from an excellent quilter. So far when I've made quilts, they have been small enough for me to quilt on my machine but these are full bed size. The first, a queen, I started ages ago with all of the crazy bright fat quarters I picked up when I first got interested in quilting. I didn't quilt it for so long because it is so bright I started to second guess myself. But I decided that I was the only one that had to love it so I pieced the back together and off it went. It is bright and a little crazy but I absolutely love it.

The other quilt is an Amy Butler quilt using a pattern called Twinkle. It was put together in a kit at my LQS, Quilter's Garden Patch and I couldn't resist buying it. Prior to seeing this quilt, I wasn't a big fan of Amy Butler fabric but once I saw it, I changed my mind. I'm so happy with the result and it looks so good on the bed in the spare room.



No comments: