Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Do It Again

Although it is still quite warm outside (but not even close to how painfully hot it was this summer), it feels like Autumn to me.  The sun is in a different place, the days are getting shorter, and I am getting the urge to knit all the time.  The urge to knit never really goes away, even in the heat, but Autumn hits and I want to finish Wips, start new projects and clear out stash, all at the same time.  And production generally keeps up with motivation.  It is a great time of year.

In trying to reduce stash bit-by-bit, I generally knit hats.  Three more done.  One bound for charity, I haven't decided on the blue one and a baby gift.  Photos of all taken, unoriginally, on the same deck chair.

In order, they are ...
 - the Spin Cycle Hat, knit with some Colinette I bought many years ago at the factory in Wales - this pattern hurt my hands and turned out very large (although it still fits me so it will fit someone out there with an equally big head and possibly more hair).

 - Sitka Spruce, a gift pattern at Christmas from Tin Can Knits.  This one hurt my hands too, a theme of some of the patterns I've been knitting the last little while.  The learning from this is to pick my patterns a little more carefully.

- the Swirl Hat, a gift for a friend who is due to have her baby any day now.  I made her a blanket, also green, so this will probably go in the box with it.  I always think a baby should have a hat.  Especially if Autumn actually arrives.

So on I go with my Autumn knitting.  I'm almost finished a bag that I can't remember starting and think I might actually add a few rows to one of my sweaters in progress.  Aaaah Autumn.


No comments: