Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Candy Candy


I am hopelessly attracted to Noro Yarn.  Especially Silk Garden.  Every time I see it, I want to buy it, like candy.  I do resist occasionally but earlier this year, I went to drop off some hats for the 25,000 toques project at Main St. Yarns in Milton and saw an afghan, with each square made up of one ball of Silk Garden.  And I immediately planned make it.  I haven't crocheted in at least 20 years but a granny square is like riding a bike.  I loved the process and I love the finished project.  I had an excuse to buy Silk Garden at yarn stores I visited over the next few months which was also a fabulous treat.

The afghan is 24 granny squares, 1 ball per square (so not inexpensive but I've seen Silk Garden on sale quite often).  I joined them together with some leftover solid Silk Garden using a technique I picked up by googling.  And crochet is so quick.  I had forgotten that.  And for a while, I was able to indulge in purchasing candy without guilt.

2 comments:

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

Apparently my blog technical abilities are limited!! I'll try this again....
Love the afghan, Janet.... so retro!!
Will we see you at the KW show this weekend?
Gail