Sunday, October 2, 2016

Motivation



I'm still feeling that motivation from the last post and the overwhelming desire to reduce the amount of materials in my crafty space.  That one is a bit harder due to a visit to the Knitters' Fair but if I keep the output larger than the input, I consider it a win.

As I was moving stuff around in an effort to at least reduce the number of bins full of yarn, I stumbled on this partially completed Farmer's Market bag from Weekend Knits that I started eons ago.  And by eons, I mean generously 3 years ago but more realistically 6.  I started it to make a dent in the random balls of Lopi I had picked up over the years, most leftovers from sweaters.  Given my recent attraction to fair isle patterns, little convincing was required to get going on this bag again.

The bag is slightly wider at the bottom than the top do to quite a large change in my tension since I started.  Life has been a bit more stressful so not a complete surprise.  But despite the bag's slightly bottom heavy figure, it turned out pretty well.  I don't think I'm going to bother lining it so probably won't use it as a market bag but it will come in handy for other purposes, I'm sure.

And to keep things interesting, I made a pair of Camp Out fingerless mitts from one of my Kitchener purchases.  I always forget how fantastic Malabrigo Rios is to work with.  Love it.  I'm tamping down the urge to go out and buy a sweater quantity by reminding myself of all of the other sweater quantities, not to mention unfinished sweaters, that are in the aforementioned bins.

No comments: