Sunday, November 17, 2013

More purple hats


I'm still knitting hats for Warm Hands Network.  And using up stash.  The difference in light makes these look like two different yarns but they are both made from purple Debbie Bliss Merino Aran.

The first is a pattern from Hunter Hammersen.  A very nice pattern and slightly different techniques from those I've run into before.  Nothing complicated, just a little different.

The second is the standard hat pattern that I could have made up on my own but I tend to refer to a pattern when knitting.  It takes less time than doing the math.

I think I'm almost finished the balls of Merino Aran and then I'll move on to some more stash to reduce.

I cast on for a baby blanket with some Rowan Cotton yarn I bought a very long time ago.  As I think about it, it might have been more than 10 years ago.  Talk about deep stash as the podcasters like to say.  I needed a simple project to work on between games at a bonspiel I was in this weekend so am working on this.  I made a bit of progress on the blanket and our team won the bonspiel.  Quite a good result.  But after 7 games in 6 days, I'm ready for a nap.

No comments: