Monday, November 11, 2013

Have I mentioned that I love podcasts?

1.  The Yarn Harlot based a whole talk (and some of her last book) on the benefits to mental wellbeing from knitting and other crafty activities.  I was reminded of this again today while listening to the Ewe University podcast.  The host was talking about the benefits of craft in lifting depression.  So I did a little Google search to read more and found this article.  Very interesting and it makes a lot of sense.

2.  I was listening to an NPR podcast the other day that talked about an oversupply of sheep in the US.  There is an article here.  It talked about this from both a food and clothing perspective.  I, of course, thought that this is a challenge to knitters to get those needles moving faster so we can support the farmers.

3.  I just finished listening to A Tale of Two Cities on Craftlit.  I have just recently discovered this podcast and am liking the podcast in general and really loved this book.  This is a book I've picked up several times over the years to start reading and never make it beyond the first chapter because I found it hard to get through from a pace perspective.  Fortunately Heather, the host of the podcast, promised up front that things would improve after the first few chapters.  And they did.  

Let's see what else I can pick up as I listen to podcasts while cleaning up from the tasmanian devil that just went through my kitchen leaving cookies, meatballs and muffins in her wake.

No comments: