Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ssshhh, I'm making progress on Rock Island and a few other things

1.  I'm quietly excited that I've made some progress on my Rock Island Shawl.  I'm on row 10 and things are looking good so far.   Touch wood, of course.

2.  Baking from my new favourite cookbook, Flour, has resulted in a very nice banana bread.  As promised by Joanne Chang, the author.

3.  It is starting to get hot out but we have so far managed to survive without air conditioning.  I really hate the air conditioning but I also hate being hot so it is always a contest in our house on who can outlast the summer heat without being the first to turn on the air conditioning.  We're thinking sleeping downstairs might be the way to go tonight.

4.  The veggie patch is starting to grow.  Nothing much to harvest yet.  Except chives and rhubarb.  I think I've over exhausted the rhubarb with a frenzy of items in May - a pie, a couple of crisps, jam, muffins - but it looks like it's starting to recover.  I had 4 asparagus sprout from the crop I planted last year.  My neighbour shared some with me.  Hopefully by next summer I actually have some I can eat.

5.  I love, love, love sitting outside after dinner.  It is so relaxing.  I also love wireless internet so I am able to sit outside and type a blog post.

No comments: