Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Artist's Way

Ravelry has an Artists Way group that I've joined.  My friend Jean Anne talked a lot about this book to me a few years ago when she was going through it and I was intrigued.   I didn't do much more than look at it in the bookstore but it has always been in the back of my mind as something to investigate.  Jean Anne started a group to go through another of the books, Vein of Gold a little while later but I didn't really enjoy it.  Meetings with the group were too late in the day and I lost interest quickly.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to practice writing.  I found a group on Ravelry that has writing exercises but it is not an active group so it didn't motivate me.  Then the coordinator of the Artists Way group posted a link on the writing site so I thought, what the heck.  I've always wanted to do it.  It is virtual so I can talk with the group if I want to or just listen.  So far on chapter 2, I'm really enjoying it.

I do find that writing morning pages every day is taking away some of my blog creativity but I'm hoping to be finished a few knitting projects soon so that should spur me back into blogging action.  One of those projects is the annoying shawl project.  I'm past the irritating lace and onto the easy garter stitch.  The difficult part is done and I'm on the home stretch!!

No comments: