Thursday, June 30, 2011

Meet Barney

In a classic situation of "be careful what you wish for" a friend, who supplied me with more corks than I can ever find enough crafts to use them on, asked me to make him a cork man for the cottage.

I knew he meant a stick man and thought for over a year of how I might accomplish that.

Failing to come up with any brilliant ideas, I suddenly thought of making him a cork snowman.  This snowman, that we called Barney made the trip up to the cottage last weekend and was a surprise.  And I think enjoyed.

I covered styrofoam balls with corks, we used hangers to attach them together and then selected random buttons from the button collection that never ends for his eyes and up the front.  I used leftover Noro for a miniature Jared Flood striped scarf and the turn-a-square hat.  And Michaels supplied the carrot nose.  The base is a wreath that I made a while ago but never really had a place for.  It works perfectly to hold him up.

I think he is cute in a ridiculous sort of way.

Here he is in his new home.  I hope they like him.

No comments: