Thursday, May 9, 2013

Small projects can really make you feel productive

It is a bit of a false economy, I suppose.  You feel like you are making such a big dent when in reality the yarn used for 3 projects probably amounts to less than a full ball.  But it doesn't matter.  I'm getting rid of those odd bits of yarn that I keep just in case and never use.  First up, two dish cloths from the book Yarnplay at Home.  The first one I quite like.  It ended up looking sort of woven.

The second, I like the pattern but I think it is just a little bit large and puffy for a dish cloth.  Hard to imagine using it to wash a glass.  I ran out of white so used up the last of the blue and a bit of pink.  I thought it might look strange but have decided that I like it.  And at the end of the day, it is a dishcloth.  Not exactly something that is going to look pristine beyond 5 minutes.


Next, I made a coffee cozy.  Or a hand cooler, I guess.  My favourite coffee shop no longer automatically puts a sleeve on the coffee so I've been thinking I should whip up one of these for a while now.  I'll throw it in my purse and hope I remember it's there!  This pattern is from Ann Budd's Knitted Gifts.

All nice patterns and very quick (obviously) to knit.

No comments: