Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another addictive knitting project

And a good use for leftover sock yarn.  I'm always looking for uses for the leftover sock yarn and, although a previously made baby blanket was a good project, I wanted something different.  I discovered this project, the Mini Mania scarf, on Ravelry quite accidentally while popping around the site as one does from time to time.  The weave-like stitch seemed to take forever to grow but once it did, I enjoyed seeing how the colours would move from one to another.  I followed the designer's suggestion of changing yarn between a solid and a variegated sock yarn and quite like the results.  Now the question ... should I keep it for myself or give it away for Christmas?  I do plan to make another with "fat" sock yarn.  Once that is done, maybe the decision will be easier to make.  Or maybe not.  I can never have too many scarves.  Hmmm.

No comments: