Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Lull Between Projects

With my focus on large project completion, I find myself without as much crafty subject matter to write about.  But great news on the blue sweater front, it fits!!!!  And I like it!!!!  I should know by now NEVER to try something with cables on until after it has been blocked.  The extreme form-fitting nature of pre-blocked cables discourages me, I wash and block and am happy.  Note to self ... STOP trying it on pre-block.  I used to block before I sewed the pieces together, maybe I'll go back to that approach on the next cable project.

We're having picky eaters, in the form of my teenaged niece and nephew, over for dinner tonight.  One is off chicken, the other off pork.  They like pasta but one doesn't like sauce.  One requested steak so we're good there.  And I'm making homemade macaroni and cheese and a salad.  Hopefully the other will find something in the selection to please.  Fortunately, I can always count on them eating my chocolate chip cookies.  And, as their aunt, a little slacking on the nutritional value for one meal can be excused.  It is in the aunt's rulebook, written at the dawn of time.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I hope the dinner goes well - I know how difficult picky eaters can be.