Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Hangover Ever


I finally found a quilt that made sense with my stash of yellow and blue Mark Lipinski fabric. It's inspired by Denise Shmidt's Drunk Love in a Log Cabin but I made up the pattern as I went along. It was actually very fun not to have

to be exact with the corners. And I really like this fabric. I stippled it with a yellow thread and I think it turned out very nicely.

I'm very excited a sock club Kristen and Natalie and I are organizing. We're getting bored of knitting the same basic sock pattern over and over again and want to use up some stash (although I think this actually gives me an excuse to buy some yarn since I'm not sure I have 6 skeins lying around the house). We're each going to find 2 patterns each and get going on one a month for 6 months. This will be a bit of a challenge for me in between a heavy curling schedule and Christmas knitting but that's half the fun. I think.

No comments: