Sunday, October 31, 2010

Amy Butler gone awry?


I love Amy Butler fabrics. I didn't at first but they snuck up on me and now I think they are great. With my last quilting venture (very small because I was at least awake enough to realize the crazy blend of patterns and colours I was creating), I got a little carried away. Not to say I don't like the end product but it is a bit of a shock to the senses. After I'd sewn it together I thought that it might have been a little less crazy if I had put strips of some nice quiet solid between the blocks. But who wants to rip everything out? I blame Kaffe Fasset's thousand colour quilts that manage to look great! He makes it look so easy. The pattern is from one of his books. I would link to it but was out way too late last night at a murder mystery party and am uninterested in leaving my vegetative state in front of the computer!

No comments: