Saturday, December 1, 2012

Well that's cool

Another example of my not noticing the obvious ... I was bouncing around Ravelry and noticed their tutorials.  I clicked on the one related to library and discovered something I should have realized on my own.  I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize it on my own but am so excited by this find, I just needed to talk about it somewhere.  My husband was mildly interested but obviously didn't understand the benefits of this time saving feature of the site.

Here goes ... I discovered that if I load all of my books and pamphlets into the library, I can search from the patterns I own online instead of flipping through the real books on the shelves.  I don't know why I didn't realize this before.  I knew you could look up books and see the patterns, just didn't think of the connection to the library.  How liberating.  In fact, I found a sock pattern for men in 5 seconds instead of giving up after an hour.  The only downside of this feature - I quickly realized that I have a boatload of books and in reducing stash need to use some of these fantastic patterns to justify the purchases.

I wonder what else I don't know about ...

No comments: