Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spinning

I have too many in progress projects and I need to get something finished:

1.  Quilt for my dad for Christmas - all cut, partially sewn.  I hope to get the hexagons finished today.
2.  Lizard Ridge - about half done.  I'm doing the second version but with two colour ways only - both bought on sale without a project in mind.  I originally started the first version and decided I had no interest in all of the sewing up that I would need to do afterwards.   Good call.
3.  Sweater for my niece for Christmas - no picture anywhere because I can't find it on Ravelry or on the Sirdar website because the book is out of print.  Not to mention the pattern was a photocopy that the yarn store made for me.  They claim that is allowed because the book is out of print.  They shall remain nameless in case that isn't on the up-and-up.
4.  Jack of Diamonds socks that I started as part of Ravelry's Sock Knitters Anonymous October project.  I really like them but they aren't very speedy so I'll be hanging out with these for a couple more weeks I think.
5.  Handmaiden Sea Angel Jacket - which looks much better in real life than in the picture.  I even got to try it on so it should be the right size!

There are other projects as always but I wouldn't exactly call them "live" at the moment.  I also got the latest Vogue Knitting the mail and started reading it yesterday.  That took me down a rabbit hole of:

1.  Looking at 500 different patterns on Ravelry.  I've spent more time there in the last two days than I've spent there in the last two months.
2.  Buying the latest issue of the Sock Report.  I think my next project (desperately trying not to wind the skein) are the fingerless mitts.  I have some nice Sweet Georgia yarn that I think would look lovely. There are also a few sock patterns that I like in there too.
3.  I'm also thinking about this gorgeous yarn that I bought to make a shawl.  Trying to decide between several Jared Flood patterns.  I must be in the mood for a challenge.
4.  I ordered 2 books from Indigo yesterday too.  One is called Knitting the Perfect Fit.  I have made too many sweaters where I haven't entirely liked the fit.  I know I just need to amend the patterns and hoping the exercises in this book will help me.  I also bought another whose name escapes me but it had some lovely patterns, mostly for sweaters.

I'd better get my day started so I can make some progress on some of the above.  Pictures of completed projects at some point in the, hopefully not too distant, future.


No comments: