Saturday, March 5, 2011

So cute

I finished another project this morning.  The Placket-Neck Pullover from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts.  Hoverson is the owner of Purl in New York.  As an avid traveller, I have a long list of places I really want to go and must admit that Purl is on it.  The advertisements have me totally smitten.  The photos are lovely combinations of yarn and sewing related stuff and I pause and spend time just admiring the ads every time I come across one in a magazine.  They make me want to book the next flight to New York.  Maybe I should!

Once again I pulled the buttons from my stash of a million buttons.  This number is not in any way an exaggeration of the number of buttons that my ancestors, going back to the crusades it feels like, have collected.  I had a little more trouble finding some this time since I needed them to be fairly small.  But, in the end, the stash did not disappoint.  I did end up going with 2 instead of the suggest 3 because, after sewing on the first 2, I noticed the third had rust on the metal post.  I examined the other 2, found they were clean of rust and decided that the third button is not really necessary.  

I'm now trying to decide whether I bake bread, work on more in progress projects or go grocery shopping.  Its such a dull and rainy day that all I want to do is putter.  A perfect Saturday, really.

No comments: